Sunday, September 15, 2013

Read & Reflect #3

It is a little strange to me to think of using blogging in my own classroom.  I have always felt it was tedious and frustrating to have to blog or respond in my collage classwork, but then I don't think I qualify as a Digital Native either.  When planning out lessons I think about playing with different media and how messy can you get and still have time to clean up and go to the next class.  This is probably not the first place everyone else starts with.  The other aspects I think about are what music would help in creativity while the students are working, which pieces of music have helped me in the past, and which contemporary or historical artist and/or artwork will lead to stronger student work.  After all these considerations I have often sat and written out lesson plans using pen and paper or makers or paint or whichever medium I'm working with.  Time always seems the biggest constraint for all the great ideas I come up with.  If I were able to utilize a class blog and present a new piece of artwork of artist, lets say on Friday as students leave class, and have each student investigate and respond by Monday morning.  Then my class time could be used to build upon the information.  Or if each student had a week to do their investigating without my input, but simply build on what other students in the class discover.  I could use the weekend to provide my thoughts on what they had discovered and start Monday with a whole wealth of information pertinent to each student. 

No comments:

Post a Comment